Wednesday 28 July 2010

Utch and Blithers again 28/7/10.

Only a quick one tonight I'm afraid, just got back from a liquid tea with Jan after she finished work and the Strongbow is provin' rather soporific.





As you can see from the photo above work as started on the next phase of excavations at Utch which means they are workin' slap bang in the middle of the main lagoon but it didn't seem to make much difference to the birds that were present.


Nothin' new on the wader front apart from an adult Dunlin. Highlight was a load of Gypos that must of caught the bus from nearby Rocester because there's no way they could have flown after eatin' all that free nosh at the JCB site.


Gypo Goose 10, Dunlin 1, Green Sand' 1, Oyst' 2, LRP 7, Common Sand' 3.



After Utch I headed off to the high security site that is Blithers. After gettin' through security I headed for Tad Bay and for the second time in two days I found myself sittin' in a hide!!! I'm beginnin' to get that used to it I'm considerin' cuttin' an hole in the side of me shed.



Not a bad hour in the shed with a 1st summer Med' among the blockheads and 2nd sum' YLG struttin' around on the mud.



Med' Gull 1, YLG 1, Black'wit 5, Common Sand' 1.



Word in the shed was that yesterdays Sanderlint was still on the causeway so I decided to nip round to see if I could get a snap or two with the old Mugimaki 750 SLR. With images like this I bet Steve Young is crappin' himself!!!





That's all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment