Tuesday 27 July 2010

Utch and Blithers 27/7/10.


Well after last nights episode at Doxey it was nice to actually get good views of a bird or two today. Sadly pour moi they weren't at Utch despite two visits. Todays highlight at Utch was a flock of 9 Yellow Wag's that got up from below the main track. I eventually ended up with 12 birds in total.



Utch o930-1050 and 1435-1510.



Yellow Wag' 12, Willow Tit 1, Sedge Warbler 1, Green Sand' 1, LRP 7, Common Sand' 3.



While we were at Doxey last night top mid's lister Jules Allen told me he'd had two Med' Gulls at Blithers over the weekend so even though I can't be doin' with how Blithers has changed over the last few years, for the worse in my opinion, I thought I'd pick up a new key and then have a look round to see if Manty had missed owt on his mornin' rounds.



Blithe Bay alone held more than Utch: Common Tern 8, Black'wit 1, Redshank 1, Dunlin 1, Common Sand' 3, Little Egret 1 and 3 Yellow Wag's.



Tad Bay produced the goods with two Med' Gulls among the BHG's, a corkin' juv' and a first summer bird, both showin' well from the first hide. Perched in the hide were Blithers stalwarts Paul Hide, Clapper and Manty who all greeted me with "BLOODY HELL! What are you doin' here?" At one time you'd never have got me in the hide I always preferred the plank even when it was rainin' but the new regime decided to get rid of it. Shame that, new isn't always better.



Manty then had a call sayin' the ad' Little Stint was on the causeway so along with Mr Hide we shot round for a shufty. Guess what? It wasn't a stint it was a Sanderling!



Back at Croxden tonight I finished clear fellin' the VP and no sooner had I put me scope up and a Hobby flew right in front of me! Get in, Cheesedale year tick number 116 I think, must find that list.



That's all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment