Tuesday 20 July 2010

Utch 20/7/10 1745-1945

Tonight's visit(100th in 2010) nearly got aborted when Frank came on the pager as I got there but I decided to plod on and boy am I glad I did!


LRP c45, Wood Sand' 1 juv', Green Sand 8, Oyst' 9, Curlew 4, Common Sand' 3, Dunlin 1.


LRP's along with Green Sand's are a feature of birdin' at Utch but this is a bit different, the local birds must have been joined by migrant birds displaced by the weather because over the w'end there were very few LRP's around and I was beginning to think they'd shipped out early.


It's been quite a year so far for waders in numbers with tops goin' to 55 Dunlin, c45 LRP's and 17 Oyst's. All we need now is that one quality bird which needless to say will not be found by moi despite my best efforts.


That's all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment