Thursday 15 July 2010

Chasewater 15/7/10 "a tremor at Tesco's".




Hey up folks for the second night runnin' plans for a night of wedded bliss were hastily scrapped but this time it was a Staffs Mega!!! FRANKLINS GULL @ CHASEWATER!!!! After missin' the Blithers bird this was one bird I wasn't goin' to miss.




Then I realised Jan had just gone out in the car and she wouldn't be back until nine! Shit, shit and double shit!!!! A few calmin' deep breaths and two text's later I was out of the house and runnin' the mile across cow pat laden fields that lie between my humble abode and Powells Palace. With some nifty footwork and the odd Lionel Messi style body swerve I arrived at RP's spotless but very out of breath and with legs that hadn't felt that bad since I last dipped on Blakeney Point.



Jolly old RP had just wolfed down a rather tasty Jau frezi Ruby Murray, but in his haste to get off for what would be his 350th British tick he forgot like I had the night before to drop a log in the bog! Oh dear, by the time we got to Tesco's at Uttoxeter he was virtually diving out of the car as he pulled up in the mother and child spaces. What followed next can only be described as a bit of a tremor and probably caused a sunami at Blithers ! Back in the car and a stone lighter RP put his trusty size thirteens flat to the floor and just after eight we pulled up at the sailing club at Chasewater. After my earlier exertions there was no chance of me breakin' into a sprint the best i could manage was a hurried shuffle towards the assembled great and good of the staffs birdin' scene. Friendly as ever, old Bernie Smith got me straight onto the Franklins as it roosted with Blockheads in the middle of the almost empty res'. Not the best of views in poor conditions but when it popped it's head up it brought more than a little delight to RP and moi.



It was nice to see a few faces I haven't seen for a while includin' Fair Isle, Nick Pom', Sylvia Staffs, Budgie Burgess, The Moorehen, The Nut and best of all The Cakeman(not my words) old Eric Samuel Clare who was goin' on about Utch gettin' Blithers birds. With the record Blithers as got it will take a long time to even come close to touchin' it and with very few people coverin' Utch, it will take even longer.



Many thanks to the finder, Graham Evans I think, for gettin' the news out so quickly and to my curry lovin' mate RP for the lift, TOP MAN.




That's all folks.



2 comments:

  1. Better out than in, old bean.

    Just so that all the facts have been established, it appears that out of convenience (no pun intended!), this account has missed out that another stop had to made, and not for me, at a layby somewhere between Rugeley and Hednesford. Got to keep the old folk comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooooooh yes! I forgot to change me bag before we left.

    ReplyDelete