Friday 9 July 2010

Utch 9/7/10 1830-2020.


Well if you didn't know already you do now folks, today is the first anniversary of my old mucker RP's moment of Utch birdin' glory! A year ago today I was at a barbie soggin' it down me instead of at Utch as usual when me phone rang and RP's rather shaky voice uttered the words" where are you I've got a Spoonbill at Utch"!!! Needless to say you could have knocked me down with the proverbial feather! All I could do was carry on suppin' and hope it would still be there in the mornin'. True to form and my usual luck it was gone by the time I got there the following morning. Happy anniversary pal.



At Utch tonight a nice increase in the number of Green Sand's around with 8 scattered around the site. Two Ringed Plovers were among the LRP's. Another nice surprise tonight was an adult Common Tern with a single juv' over the main pit.



Green Sandpiper 8, Ringed Plover 2, LRP 24, Common Sand' 2, Curlew 2, Oyst' 5, Common Tern 2.



That's all folks.

2 comments:

  1. Typically, the owd Spooner never paid a return visit on it's anniversary. Have you ever spoken to the organisers of that BBQ since you missed it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we are still speakin' but never mention the B' word!

    ReplyDelete