Sunday 20 February 2011

Utch 20/2/11 1435-1735, overcast, cold, wind light s/e.

Despite a later than planned start after our Ellie stopped again( I must try and make her visits less enjoyable) and the miserable conditions, today's visit was one of the best so far this year with the highlight being a near record count of twenty nine Curlew coming into roost. Goosander were still coming into roost as I left with the total on forty seven at 1730. Oystercatchers are now up to four.

One thing that struck me is how much energy Lappies waste! During the whole time I was there the Lappies spent almost the entire afternoon flying aimlessly around despite the complete lack of disturbance. I never saw a soul all afternoon!!!! And probably never will 'til some one puts up a hide and makes a car park.

Wigeon 187, Goosander 47, Teal 24, Gadwall 2, Shoveler 2, Pochard 14, Curlew 29, Oystercatcher 4, Green Sand' 1, Willow Tit 1, Barn Owl 1.

Earlier this afternoon a text from RP helped me to pick up Oik for the old Cheesedale list and a quick shufty at Poxey produced 6 Goosander, four on the old lagoon and two on the lagoon below the VP.


That's all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment