Saturday 19 February 2011

Utch 19/2/11 0830-1030, constant rain, wind light s/e

A very wet visit to Utch this morning found the birdin' godz in a good mood and perhaps feelin' more than a bit sorry pour moi after my groans last night over missing the chance to go for the dove and gull.





One last check of Leasowes pit produced a nice, partial summer plumaged Med' Gull standing on the mud among the Blockheads, get in there!!! A real Brucie Bonus and only my third at Utch. Almost as soon as I got onto it the whole flock took off and I had to make do with flight views as the birds moved off south towards Blithers. Yet another example of the number of good birds that use the site briefly as they move along the Dove Valley, only half an before I'd checked the same pit with only a flock of c120 Lappies on the mud.





The Med' and a pair of Shoveler on the main pit brought my 2011 Utch 120 year list upto 65.





Med' Gull 1 ad', Wigeon 172, Goosander 11, Pochard 14, Teal 29, Tufty 20, Oystercatcher 2.





That's all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment