Thursday 19 August 2010

"watch where ya treadin' owd duck!"


Hey up folks, let me tell you a little story about something that happened at work today. Every detail is for once sadly and completely true!






Earlier this mornin' my team leader Dogtanian said I was wanted outside in the kittin' shed but he didn't know why. "Where's the kittin' shed?" I said "I'll show you" said Dogtanian who obviously thought he was missin' out on something, how he would later regret bein' so nosey! So after donnin' the compulsory Hi-vis vests we trooped of outside to see what was occurin' ?






As we walked into the shed through a large roller shutter door two Swallows flew out and almost knocked me block off! From over at the far end of the shed one of the lads shouted "you've just trod on that bird!!! "WHAT BIRD?" We both asked as we turned round to see a juv' Swallow doin' the dyin' fly spinnin' around on its back. " Oh shit that bird" I quickly rushed across and picked it up as the poor little sod drew it's last breath! How unlucky was that? If they'd only said that they needed me to move a bird then Dogtanian probably woudn't have come with me and the poor little sod would have been still alive tonight and dreamin' of spendin' the winter in the sun!!!






So you can say that old Dogtanian really put his foot in it this time!!!!!!






That's all folks.

2 comments:

  1. That must have been horrible. I recently ran over a woodpigeon. It just sat there in my path. It died with a horrid clunk. I felt bad afterwards. They're so fat and harmless. Oh well.

    By the way, your photos are really nice. Would be so kind as to have a gander at my ould bloggiwogg. It's not as professional as yours photo-wise but it's still a laugh: http://beautifulvagabonds.blogspot.com
    I've added you to m'links. Would be chuffed if you could do the same for me...no-one reads my blog...boohoo. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete