Thursday 5 August 2010

News Gets Out Quick At Blithers!!!!!


A lack of birds at Utch yesterday mornin' meant I couldn't resist another trip up the road to Blithers and hopefully a few more birds than we've been gettin' at Utch this last few weeks.






As soon as I got into Blithe Bay I spotted our Graham movin' stealthily towards the hide. Three Little Egrets were a nice surprise as they stood preenin' at the mouth of the Blithe but as I scanned right I spotted another four along the banks of the river and then another five flew up!!!! Bloody hell!!! Now I knew why our Graham was movin' so steadily, he was countin' 'em in the hope that it would mean yet another site record for GJM. With this in mind and knowin' that news can be a bit sluggish gettin' out of Blithers I was straight onto RBA with the news knowin' full well that GJM would be gobsmacked about the news comin' through on his pager since he was the only birder present or so he thought.








Five minutes later and GJM was walkin' back and the first thing he said was "I bloody new it must be you who'd put the news out!" MOI??? "Nobody else is daft enough!" said Blithers top lister. Can't argue with that can I but it did give me a giggle.








Apart from the egrets there was very little else at Blithers. One sad note though was the shockin' discovery that someone had stolen a plastic sleeve from the noticeboard in the Stansley Wood hide which led to Sir Roger of Milford(he of Belted Kingfisher fame) questioning "why I ######' bother?"








I'd gone off Blithers but you don't get this entertainment at Utch so I might start spendin' a bit more time there if only to exercise the old chuckle muscles.








That's all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment