Sunday 6 March 2011

Utch 6/3/11, 1630-1820, sunny and cold, wind light easterly.

A late visit to Utch this afternoon after spendin' the day catchin' up with a few jobs outside which with no sign of any rain even I couldn't get out of!!!








This evenin's highlight was not one but two Barn Owls in view at the same time! The first time I've actually had two in view at the same time at Utch. Still plenty of Curlews around but the best I could muster was 41 still a very good count but nowhere near the new site record of 65 set last night by the birder currently known as Steve Turner while me and RP were at Blithers for the Great White. The Goosander roost had 53 birds in it when I left, only the second time I've managed over 50 this year. No sign of yesterdays Dipper.








Barn Owl 2, Goosander 53, Pochard 6, Teal 13, Wigeon 27, Tufty 15, Great Crested Grebe 5, Curlew 41, Lapwing 114, Oystercatcher 6.








First thing this mornin' a quick nip round a normally bird less Croxden turned into a bit of a "duckfest" with 5 Teal, 3 Goosander and a Shelduck which as been present since Thursday.








That's all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment