Saturday 12 March 2011

Greenhouse Gas!!!

Well I thought I'd had a crap week 'til I turned on the news and saw what's happened in Japan. After seein' that I feel a bit of a knob after lettin' a couple of narrow minded neighbours spoil the grand unveiling of our Jan's little greenhouse!!!! Any way here is said greenhouse and if you are readin' this Mr and Mrs T. Watt and Mrs S. Hitehouse I hope you're happy!!!












Well that's got that off me chest so back to birds eh. I haven't managed a single visit to Utch this weekend and as you can see I started this post on Saturday evening. Saturday saw me and old Norbert racin' around to make sure the Webs count was done so that on Sunday me and Jan could get off to the doggie "Download" festival , Crufts at The NEC.




Highlights of the Webs count were the drake Gadwall still at Poxey, a Green Sand' over the North Lake at Rocester and most surprisin' of all a Woodcock flyin' up Earls Rock Lake at Dimmings Dale. All three were new birds for each Webs list. A single Sand Martin flyin' south over the South Lake at Rocester was the first migrant of the spring pour moi and nice to see.




While I was at Rocester I unleashed the old Muggimakki on some of the rubber ducks in residence on the duck pond, well it makes a change from Google Images.








Crufts was as usual a celebration of everything dog with everything imaginable for sale from doggie socks to doggie bog roll, I kid you not!!. It's a crackin' day out for us dog lovers and this year me and our Jan decided to book early for "Best in Show" the culmination of the four days competition. The problem with these televised events though is that you've got a good chance of bein' caught on camera, and we were!! I got off lightly, I was just pointin' at the screen in a mongy fashion, our Jan' though was tippin' a bottle down her neck like one of the 'anley Park wino's. It was diet coke but you can't see that on the screen, oooophs!





Here's the Flat Coated Retreiver that won, I went for the little Basset that came second which just about sums me up, the nearly man.


That's all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment