Sunday 28 November 2010

Waxies a mile from Utch.............




After checkin' virtually every bearing bush in Cheadle and around Utch this weekend for Waxwings it was no surprise at all when I had a text from RP this afternoon while I was ploddin' around a frozen Utch to say he'd found 35 of the little beauties on the other side of Uttoxeter, along Kingfisher Way and only a mile from UTCH!! Yet another scalp for the lad to pin to his self found belt, top man! A swift trot back to the car had me lathered up like the proverbial sweating pig! You can't have to many layers on this weather, it was minus 14 this mornin' around home.



As usual the waxies had flown by the time I got there but after we decided to split up I eventually picked them up as they flew high over Chaffinch Drive. A text to RP informin' him I'd relocated them was replied to with the news that they were back where they were originally, by the car!!! Back at the car I eventually managed to unleash the old Muggimakki and if I say so myself I've probably got the worst picture ever published of a flock of Waxwings.





The likes of messers Young, Cromack and Seal will be havin' sleepless night if they see this little offerin'.



Hopefully by next weekend they'll be at Utch.



That's all folks.

































1 comment: