Sunday 7 November 2010

Missin' link appears at waxie twitch



After a less than inspirin' visit to Utch this mornin' I felt the need for a good bird so when the pager revealed that there were still at least five Waxwings along Barnfields Road in Leek I decided to nip up for a quick shufty and a bit of a social.




As I pulled up I spotted old RP among the aviarazzi with his trusty Swaro/coolpix combo aimed at a rather battered lookin' Mountain Ash which was almost completely devoid of berries but which he assured me was being used because he had the piccies to prove it!!!! Top man. Sure enough the Waxwings were right above our heads in the top of an Ash tree and before long they dropped down to give crackin' views from about 25 feet away! True to form Id left the old Muggimakki slr 500 at home so it's google images again pour moi.




Then from the corner of my eye I spotted a lycra clad pensioner cycling towards us and despite his spec's steamin' up I recognised him as none other than Teans very own "World Waffling Champion" John "rabbit,rabbit" Carter who'd pedalled all the way from Cheadle on his mobility bike. If you've never had the pleasure of Johns company you won't be aware of his ability to never draw breath as he talks at you for what can seem like hours on end. After doin' a few stretch's to stop himself goin' stiffer John took up my offer of using my bins for a quick look and then complained that they needed cleaning!! Cheeky old git.





What followed next seems to happen to me on a rather too regular basis and I can't really do it justice but here's what happened. My mong magnet must have been workin' overtime because a Transit van full of scrap pulled up and what must surely be the missing link leaned out of the passengers window and for some reason started gurgling and gruntin' in my direction. Perhaps he's got a mongy mate that's my double? Anyway after exchangin' grunts and gurgles with me to the amusement of the crowd the link and his mate headed back into Leek before his carer realised he was out.







Not an exact likeness but very, very close. If you visit Barnfield keep 'em peeled owd duck.
That's all folks.

4 comments:

  1. Nice one Andy must be your after shave.Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't be Steve I never wear the stuff. I'm becomin' more convinced that he thought I'd escaped as well pal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thaught that myself but didnt want to say anything.

    ReplyDelete