Saturday 6 November 2010

Utch 6/11/10 0950-1250.



Hey up folks the best thing about todays visit to Utch was the weather. A crackin' autumn mornin' but sadly nothin' of note on the bird front. "Wagner" the local White-fronted Goose was back among the 'lags on the north shore but since he/she turned up in July it's goose has been well and truly cooked as far as being considered wild goes. If it had turned up in the last couple of weeks the word "plastic" would never have even crossed my mind and we'd be celebratin' another addition to the ever expanding Utch list.






Green Sand' 1, Snipe 20, Dunlin 1, Curlew 4, White-fronted Goose (feral?), Goosander 1, Wigeon 3, Teal 8, Mipit c30.





If you've read this before you'll know I'm a big dog lover and nothin' winds me up more than the anti-dog brigade. That was one of the reasons I stopped visiting Blithers more often but today one numpty really naffed me off when he let his mut run amok along the edge of the main lagoon. What a nobhead!!!! And if you don't believe me just look at this piccie of said mut running right in front of me!!!


I think this is one mut that could do with a spot of sit and stay owd duck!

While we're on about dogs this might give you a bit of chuckle! Late this afternoon I lobbed our hounds into the boot and set off up to Croxden to take 'em for a stroll. As I was drivin' along I thought they were a bit quiet and when I pulled up I realised why, I'd only gone and left the parcel shelf in hadn't I!!!! So the poor sods had been ridin' along in total darkness and probably wonderin' what the hell was goin' on?

That's all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment