Sunday 24 October 2010

U.T.C.H 400 Club


Hey up folks, big day today! Today I became the founder member of the U.T.C.H 400 Club. This afternoons visit to Utch was my 400th in the two and a half years since RP first showed me what I was missin' while I plodded round Croxden. Four hundred visits and the best I've managed to muster is a poxey Purple Sand' in September this year! Yes I know Purp' is a good bird inland but I won't settle 'til I set up The Beast and find meself gawpin' at a crippler!!!!!






Nothin' of any real note today with highlights being 3 Ravens, a pesky male Peregrine and a sun tanned RP lookin' like he'd been tangoed after sunnin' himself on Scilly.






Goosander 22, Teal 40, Goldeneye 2, Golden Plover 3, Dunlin 1, Snipe 2, Raven 3, Peregrine 1.








While I was scopin' the main lagoon I heard several loud bangs comin' from the quarry works so I texted old "Hey Presto" the quarry manager to let him know there might be summat goin' on and perhaps gain a few brownie points for the future. BINGO! Six local numpties nabbed on site by the bobbies!!! After this I may well get "full" access.








That's all folks.

2 comments: