Friday 15 October 2010

DIPPER UTB!!


It always astounds me how a little bundle of feathers can lift ya spirits and this afternoons visit to Utch proved the point perfectly. I've got to admit I haven't been meself just lately with one thing and another and missin' Utch Megas like Great Grey Shrike and Dipper hasn't helped one bit! But just hang on there owd duck because I'm now back on form and firin' on all cylinders after firmly connectin' with said Dipper along the River Tean this afternoon.






After checkin' the main pit which unsurprisingly held the juv' fem' Scaup that was at Brookers on Sunday( birds regularly commute between these sites) I strode off along the tean in search of our water lovin friend. Within five minutes I was punchin' the air as if i'd found a Black-throated Blue Warbler on Scilly as the Dipper zipped off low over the water towards the confluence with the River Dove, brilliant! Thirty yards further along I relocated it sitting quietly on the waters edge and with no further ado unleashed the full power of The Beast. Still can't get used to this Swaro' it's superb. Crackin' views of a locally scarce bird which was sadly not of the continental black-bellied race. But then again if it had been I'd have ben spoilin' me reputation for never findin' owt good.








Time for a few celebratory swift ones me thinks, that's all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment