Wednesday 13 October 2010

Gripped Again!!!!


Plenty of good birds around over the last few days but apart from a juv' Scaup at Brookers and ringtail Hen Harrier at Swallow Moss I haven't seen any of 'em!!!!! So imagine my dismay when a text about another Utch Mega from the lover of knitted jumpers read "DIPPER @ UTCH ON THE RIVER TEAN" Oh for ####'s sake not again and unbelievably found again by my aging nemesis Farmer Fox!!! Only last week Fast Eddie came up trumps with a Great Grey Shrike which sadly didn't stick around long enough pour moi to connect.
Ten Golden Pullovers flying over Utch on Sunday afternoon put me on 127 for the year so if I'd connected with the Dipper, shrike and the Brambling that Fair Isle had on Sunday morning I'd have hit me target for the year of 130 with around ten weeks still left!



Wouldn't it be nice though if the Dipper was still around at the weekend and it turned out to be a Black-bellied Dipper from the continent! Oooooh 'errrr!
That's all folks.




No comments:

Post a Comment